Friday 21 May 2010

A long delayed trip out west - Part 1

Before opening the Burnham Grapevine, I seemed to head west down the A303 fairly regularly.  So it came as something of a surprise to find that it was nearly 11 months since my last visit. As usual it brought unexpected delights.  


Arriving to stay with my good friend and potter extraordinaire RICHARD GODFREY in glorious Devon, I was invited to join Richard to a brief recording session (twinning arrangements have a lot to answer for) at a house in a magical setting overlooking the river close by Newton Ferrers.   I knew Richard was also a talented musician - but he turns out to have something of a voice as well. Back at home, I was introduced to Devon Blue - a cheese new to me but one which is truly superb and a worthy rival to Binham Blue.


To business.  A new group of Richard's wonderful pots was acquired the following morning - plus the real pleasure in finally meeting MIKE BROMAGE a truly unique talent who I am sure we're going to hear much more of if I'm not very much mistaken.  Mike has just published his 2nd book of drawings and cartoons of his wonderful birds. Simply fantastic.


All too brief a stay... but further delights lay further west.  And as it turned out - east.

No comments:

Post a Comment