Wednesday 31 August 2011

Eating, drinking and music

Knowing how good the Wiveton Bell can be, I just couldn't wait to find out how The Duck Inn at Stanhoe is getting on under their care.  Pleased to say Bank Holiday Saturday lunchtime found it pleasingly busy - and crucially service was good!  Beer and food more than up to scratch, probably better than my last visit to Wiveton. Hope they keep it up, for as I've said before it's a perilous business being asked to suggest places to eat round here.

Purely by chance, this was followed very closely by a return to The Hunny Bell.  What a great pub. Just shows what hard work can achieve.  Having said that I've always preferred the bar to the restaurant in terms of atmosphere.  Last time, they had jazz in the bar; Three in a Bar to be precise, who we liked so much we booked them!  This time, I don't know who they were, but again very good.  I've heard far worse fiddle playing in much more august venues.  It would be fascinating to know whether good music boosts their sales?  I doubt it but I very much hope I'm wrong. The only problem for me is that its 17 miles away.

No comments:

Post a Comment